Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Camera Comparisons

For the wedding I photographed this past weekend, I knew I needed camera help. It was a night time wedding and my 5D cannot handle very low light situations. 

I rented a Nikon D700. The last time I rented a Nikon was last September for a dark wedding and I got the D3s which I LOVED (but it's a $6,000 camera so of course I loved it!). The D700 didn't disappoint. It handled the low light situations like my Canon couldn't even dream of. The reception room for this wedding was DARK. Think kids room with a tiny night light plugged in.... DARK! 

While everyone was eating, Peter and I got a water/food break and we snapped this in the mirror of the DARK room we were in. I couldn't even believe the camera registered any data - that's how dark it was. 

So the next business expense will be changing over to Nikon. I'm convinced it's a jump that I need to make. My dear Canon is almost 6 years old. I think it's time to retire her soon.

1 comment:

Susan said...

remember me when you go to sell your canon lens' :)