Friday, April 29, 2011

Yesterday's menu and happenings

Yesterday was such a gorgeous day in Austin. The heat wasn't too crazy - it was windy (dare I say similar to tradewinds?) - it was absolutely gorgeous.

Took the older two to preschool and came home with Cruz for breakfast and living room play. He went down for a nap and I got some work done at my desk. When he woke up, we drove to an outdoor mall area where Old Navy and The Rack is. It's a really nice, long stretch of walking so we walked the mall three times and enjoyed the sunshine. I tried to find some tank tops at Old Navy but they were too long. The Rack was a joke. No way am I paying $50 for a tee-shirt no matter what name is on it! Mostly Cruz and I just enjoyed the walking and sunshine. I was making his stroller "Vroom" around like a race car which made him laugh.

Then we got the older monkeys from school and when Peter woke up we headed to Marshall's to try to find Kai Boy a Lighting McQueen suitcase. We had found a princess one there for Ryenne a couple months ago and had hid it for our Maui trip, but she found it and Kai has been asking about his. We've been looking but haven't found one (yet). So we parked kinda far out so we could all walk around the area. We had fun looking - I have even been looking for a bathing suit. No luck yet. We also walked to Target.

The kids were good and tired when we got home. A day of school AND walking all over was good for them.

After our workout I got a little migraine. It wasn't horrible, but I did have to go to sleep before Peter left for work. I was hoping to sit at my desk and catch up on work, but the good ole brain needed to shut down. I slept really well and woke up feeling like a "reset" button was pushed.

Yesterdays menu:

Breakfast:

2 eggs scrambled in coconut oil with 5 large spears of broccoli and 1 serving of Colby Jack Cheese
1 Slice Ezekiel Bread dry
Coffee with Coffee mate
Water

Morning Snack:

Peanut butter Lara bar (made from dates and nuts)


Lunch:

Mixed greens with shredded chicken, quarter of an avocado, carrots, cucumbers, and half serving of Brianna's vinaigrette
1 Mango
Green Tea

Afternoon Snack:

Chobani Green Yogurt (contains sugar!!)

Dinner:

Scrambled eggs in coconut oil
2 slices Ezekiel Bread with butter
4 slices thin, no nitrates/preservatives bacon
Water

Exercise: 45 minutes Cardio X

No comments: