Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter

I'll be honest, this was a challenging Easter for me. I haven't slept well in the past few days (I think it relates to all the junk I've been eating) and I was exhausted this morning. Peter brought the kids donuts early this morning and Ryenne ate them so fast that she threw up just as we were heading out the door to Gams and Pops house.

The "Easter Bunny" had three zones - one for each kid with their chocolate to hunt for. They all really enjoyed their little hunt. We ate french toast and bacon.

Warning... thoughts ahead may ruffle feathers... sorry just spewing thoughts...

I enjoyed talking to my parents about my thoughts on Jesus. I'd like to think that he was a wild, crazy 2 year old at one point like Kai. I personally need to humanize him. I wanted to examine my own thoughts on him - as to be honest - I don't understand the whole Easter thing. I like to think that Jesus was a person with inner conflicts and flaws, like me. I like to think that he inspires us all to look into ourselves for good and do good for others. But "Good Friday" got me thinking... I had to google what Good Friday was and to be honest, I don't understand how it could have been good at all. To have been crucified for one's beliefs. How is that good? Isn't that just awful? And for all of that suffering we still find ourselves in wars, people are being bullied and belittling others. Gays aren't allowed to marry the ones they love. People are chastised for going against the grain all the time. Isn't that the message that Jesus was trying to send to his people? That it's ok to be yourself?

I'm rambling. I guess I've just been deep in these thoughts for a few days now. I needed to get it out of my system.

Back to Easter.

The boys got to hunt for chocolate and cars. Ryenne got to hunt for giant chocolates. They loved it. 



I think Cruz is cutting two teeth at the same time. He has been super clingy and irritated all day. I feel like I haven't had a moment to sit down and just breathe all day. Thankfully when Peter woke up he realized that I was having a rough day. We headed back to Gams and Pops house for a beautiful chicken and mushroom dinner. Peter took care of feeding Cruz and I got to enjoy my dinner and red velvet cake without having to tend to anyone else or eat at the speed of light so I could help someone else.

I really hope that next year I'm more into it and more well rested.

1 comment:

Susan said...

loved these sweet pics...