Tuesday, April 26, 2011

No Sugar Day 1

Since I'm doing a week of cleansing for my body, I figured that I'd post exactly what I'm eating in case anyone wanted to try something similar.

Yesterday went really well - I did have a minor cheat which I'll explain below. The focus of this week is to eat whole, natural, beautiful food. In addition to the no sugar, I'm cutting wheat too, including bread and pasta. In just one day, the bloat from the past week has gone away. In one week I'll incorporate sprouted wheat breads back into my diet (Ezekiel bread).

Yesterday's menu:

Breakfast:

2 Scrambled organic whole eggs cooked in coconut oil
1/2 Zucchini & 1/2 Yellow Squash sauteed in coconut oil
6 Strawberries
Iced Green Tea

Lunch:

Spiru-tein Protein Powder
1/2 C. Frozen Blueberries
1 C. Coconut Milk
1/2 Banana
(blended together)
1 Hard Boiled Egg, chopped and mixed with 1/2 Avocado, salt to taste (just ate with a spoon straight outta the bowl)
1 Starbucks Via, 2 Stevia packets, Little bit Coffee Mate (this has sugar and is my cheat)
Water

Afternoon Snack:

1/2 Serving of raw nuts, seeds, raisins trail mix
1 Serving Newman's Own Spelt Pretzels (avoiding regular wheat)
Iced Green Tea

Dinner:

1 C. Fresh Pineapple
1/2 C. Fresh Mango
1 Serving Rotisserie Chicken Breast (no skin)
1/2 C. Brown Rice
1 Serving Mixed Greens with cherry tomatoes, sliced carrot and half serving of Brianna's Blush Vinaigrette
Water
1 C. Coconut Water

Evening Snack:

1 C. Coconut Milk

Exercise: 74 Minutes - P90X Triceps, Shoulders, Back + Ab Ripper

Don't know the benefits of Coconut Oil and Coconut Water? I recommend reading "The Coconut Miracle" by Bruce Fife.

1 comment:

Kristi said...

toasted ezekiel bread with almond butter is my favorite thing. i have a recipe i will type up and email you. it is more of a treat but super good for you and raw. xx.