Sunday, September 04, 2011

A good read

You may have noticed I've added a little bar on the side of the blog that notes what I'm reading right now. I LOVE to read. At the end of the day, when I'm supposed to be sleeping, it's "ME" time.

Right now I am reading a very, very interesting book. It's called Nourishing Traditions and it pretty much goes against everything the FDA tells us about nutrition and what our bodies need. It's especially aimed at the health of children and the building blocks they need to grow.

For anyone interested in a completely different point of view on nutrition, this is a really great book. I am already making my first batch of cream cheese and will use the whey to make pickles and orange marmalade. Did you know that pickling in the olden days didn't involve vinegar? I had no idea!

I would really love to get some of these types of food in the kiddos - especially for Ryenne - who has the slowest digestive system of the kids and who I think has way too much crap in her intestines.

Anyway... it's a good read! Check it out!

No comments: