Saturday, September 17, 2011

Sometimes life isn't fair, Baby Girl

You know how sometimes as a parent you don't know what to say and so you say something that your mom or dad told you as a child? Today was one of those days.

I picked up Ryenne from school and asked her how her day was. She said she didn't have a good day. This morning her friend Katelyn was chosen to go to the new Kindergarten class and Ry lost her friend. She turned to me with her big brown eyes and said, "Why did that happen, Mama? It's just not fair. I'm going to miss my friend.". And I looked at her and said, "Sometimes life isn't far, Baby Girl." I remember my mom told me that.

I am sure she'll get over it, but what a hard thing for a child to deal with. She said she made another friend in class, but sometimes this other friend doesn't want to play with her or talk to her. Doesn't sound like much of a friend to me. My poor baby girl. All I could do was tell her, "I'm so sorry."

1 comment:

Kristi said...

oh no how heartbreaking.