Sunday, July 04, 2010

I'm just not used to it

Today is 4th of July and I keep thinking, "Oh... I should have gotten the kids some flags or planned some kind of themed activity" - but I'm just not used to the whole holiday thing. It seems like there is a holiday just about every month, and I come from a background of never having a holiday off. It's just another day as usual. I keep trying to be a good mom and remember to do holiday things, but I think I'll just stick to the big ones for kids - Valentines Day, Easter, Thanksgiving, and Christmas. Those I can handle. But all these little ones... eek. I am just not used to it. We don't have a normal schedule of holidays off or money to spend on silly things. I suppose I should be more into it so I can do "themed" images for my photography blog... but again - It just doesn't even cross my mind. Must not be in my DNA.

1 comment:

a little on the brokenhearted side said...

That is so funny. We do the same thing. 4th of July only means going to Wailea to catch fireworks...or grabbing some at Foodland and going to the park to set them off...

Then there are things like Girls Day that we are used to celebrating thru school. Or Ho'olaulea....


Boy do they really get into the fourth around here....lol....