Friday, July 16, 2010

Scavenger Hunt

This morning I looked at the thermometer and it was 80 degrees outside. I knew that it was only going to get hotter and hotter so I decided to make a scavenger hunt for the kids.

IMG_3925

We made a list of things to find. The funniest part was that we found the lizard INSIDE the house instead of outside. His name is Larry.

Kai was happy to go walking instead of riding in the stroller. He's looking for a giant leaf here.
IMG_3928

He was happy for Ryenne when she found one.
IMG_3932

Then he wanted to check on his Baby in the stroller. (I am so glad I caught this image. I was afraid it hadn't turned out)
IMG_3934

We found this area of rocks in someone's yard. They were looking for a "shiny rock"
IMG_3935

Ryenne found a great one!
IMG_3938

She picked out her own outfit today and I was so proud of her! She picked out things that match!
IMG_3947

IMG_3945

I love moments like these!
IMG_3951

And where was Cruz? He was in his stroller and this is what he thought of the hunt:
IMG_3939
He was sleeping through the entire thing.

The entire hunt lasted about half an hour and we found everything on our list aside from a dandelion. We were sweaty when we got back to the house. It was a fun adventure. I think we'll be adding this to our repertoire of fun things to do!

1 comment:

Susan said...

Fun Idea. Cute pics as always. Love the Maui built tees. We have friends in Maui right now and I asked her to get tees for the boys. Can't wait to see what she picks out.