Friday, July 23, 2010

YEESSSSS!!!!!!

Oh my goodness... feels like I'm finally catching a break here. After being told "NO" on several occasions, I found a loan officer who could help me buy our house from my dad. I was feeling so discouraged and my dad told me to keep trying - thanks Pop!

So today the loan officer, Deborah Ginac at Capstar if any one is looking, called me and told me that we qualified (with the help of my amazing in-laws - thank you!) at... wait for it.... 4.5%!!!!! 30 year fixed!!!!! If I was light enough to float I would be floating right now!!!!

Not only did she do that, but she finagled it so we would have zero money out of pocket. This is HUGE since I was afraid I'd have to raid the kids' savings account for a down payment.

I think we're really on a path to a better life. The credit card debt is getting smaller, the house will be ours on a 30 year fixed, Peter will re-launch his nursing career in the next two years.... I am practically counting the months until the financial stress is relieved. Thank goodness we moved to a state with such an amazingly low cost of living. We hit up Newflower Market yesterday and spent $30 on 3 large bags of groceries! It would have easily been $80 in Hawaii.

1 comment:

Lori said...

That is so amazing! It's truly awesome the opportunities that there are on the mainland.

I completely agree with the groceries. I walked out of the store with a cart and a half of groceries last night fro $80. I got at least 5 times what I would have gotten on Maui. Just the wonderful produce alone (melons!) made me happy. I stood and line and shook my head. A year and a half later and I still get stupid happy at the market here,lol.

On the downside it is 105 degrees and I wanna go to the beach.....My kids used their surfboard in the river today. It was classic...

Aloha,
Lori from Maui :)

By the way Cruz is adorable!