Friday, July 23, 2010

Sweet Potatoes!

I have been trying to give Cruz rice cereal for the past few days. He puts it in his mouth, spits it out, gags.... it's not a pretty picture. My mom got him some baby food and I tried mixing sweet potatoes in the rice cereal with the same result.

Tonight I gave him sweet potatoes straight up. He was like a little bird! LOVED them. Didn't gag and didn't spit them out. He ate half a jar! I think my little chubbers loves his sweet taters! Just like his Mama!

We had such a nice day today. Me and the kids took a walk this morning and then were nice and lazy. Me and Ry practiced writing "R"s for a little while. We went to HEB and loaded up on groceries and the coupons were so good. $33 in coupons!!!

I had ribs cooking in the crock pot and made my own BBQ sauce. It was really good. Gams and Pops came over - it was great!

For all you rib lovers, here's what I did:

Put oven at 400 degrees and laid ribs out on a pan (salt and pepper each side) and baked on each side for 15 minutes to get off some fat

Put the ribs in the crock pot on low

On the stove I made the bbq sauce:

1/2 C ketchup
1/2 C tomato sauce
1/4 C brown sugar
1/4 C red wine vinegar
2 Tbs molasses
1 Tsp liquid smoke
1 1/2 Tsp butter
1/8 Tsp garlic powder
1/8 Tsp cinnamon
1/4 Tsp salt
1/4 Tsp pepper
** you can add hot sauce if you want, but I didn't**

Heat all of these things until sauce starts to render down just a little bit. Poor 3/4 of the sauce over the ribs in the crock pot and leave on low for 6-8 hours.

Before you're ready to eat, remove the ribs from the crock pot, put back on a pan and baste with leftover bbq sauce. Put back in the oven at 400 degrees for a few minutes.

I think I gave The Salt Lick a run for it's money!!!

No comments: