Friday, May 20, 2011

I clearly have a type....

It's been a whirlwind couple of days.

On Tuesday Marissa and Jean Marie flew in. Cruz and I headed to Target to get dog food and shampoo and conditioner and prep their bathroom. Cruz was chilling in the cart... totally relaxing. Adorable.

Ryenne and Kai were thrilled to see their Grandma. Cruz was reluctant at first and then was a total cuddle bug with her. It was the first time Auntie Jean got to meet Cruz in person. They are quickly becoming buds.

On Wednesday we headed to Houston with Jean to go to the Bruno Mars concert. We drove through Bastrop which has beautiful pine trees.
 The driver :)
On the way we went through Brenham, which is wear the Bluebell Ice Creamery is. We decided to stop off and have some ice cream. YUM!

We made it to Houston safe and sound and checked into the Four Seasons Houston (hooray for comp nights!!)
Our room was really beautiful. We ordered room service and got ready for the concert. 
Here's me and Peter ready and excited to go!
 Jean, Peter, and Me waiting for the concert to start

Ok so who is Bruno Mars? He's a guy from Hawaii who made it big in the music world. He's a little bit old school, a little bit reggae, a little bit rock, and pop.
I'll admit he's my celebrity crush.
I'm am one lucky girl that I have a husband who so closely resembles my celebrity crush. Clearly, I have a type :) Now to see if Peter will ever wear a fedora and Chuck Taylors??? Maybe for Halloween???  *hint, hint babe!*

The concert was actually really awesome. Highly entertaining and we had such a wonderful time. If you're interested in videos, I'm posting below... but just so you know I was screaming like a school girl ;)

In this next one he busts out the ukulele - oh yeah! 




Thank you to my amazing hubby for making this trip happen, for buying me a t-shirt, and indulging me. I had such an amazing time.

We got home to beautiful kids and enjoyed the rest of our afternoon.

No comments: