Thursday, May 26, 2011

Last Day of School

Today was Ry and Kai's last day of school. After I dropped them off, we went shopping with Gams, Jean, and Marissa and had a wonderful time. We hit up HEB and I bought flowers and gift cards for the teachers. Then it was time to pick them up.

I headed into the building and handed Ry the roses and cards to give her teachers. We all welled up. She has been at this school since she was two and has flourished and grown so much. It's been her home away from home and her teachers have very much been a part of her everyday conversations. They gave me her folder, which has stories and pictures about her from her first day in 2008. I cried a little. She's done with preschool. She's moving on to the big world of Kindergarten.

Kai was pretty clueless as to what the last day of school meant. He hugged his teachers and was on his merry way like always.

I have loved this school so much since I found it. Play based learning is such a wonderful thing!

This afternoon I packed my clothes and the kids clothes for Hawaii. I organized two kitchen cabinets - the ones that are the most likely to be opened :) Garage sale items are piling up in the garage ready for Saturday.

I was thinking of starting the dogs quarantine paperwork already - it's a 4 month long process. But my brain can't handle it. It's just one more thing I can't put on my plate right now. So I'm sticking to the plan of coming back to Texas in August (sooner if I need to come home to pack the house) and starting the paperwork then. I think I've been so worried about how we're going to work out this gigantic move and all the things that are LATER that I have forgotten to take things just one day at a time NOW. So that's what I'm committing to doing. Just going with the flow for now and working on the things I need to now.

The house is slowly being whipped into shape to go on the market. We'll hit it hard core Sun/Mon and Peter will help a lot after me and the kids leave.

Photography bookings continue to come in. It's going to be an awesome summer!

2 comments:

maui said...

I'm so jealous! But happy for you at the same time..I can imagine how excited you are. Please post photos of that beautiful island to inspire me to get back sooner myself:-)
Janice

Kristi said...

my heart is beating so fast just reading this. it's happening.