Monday, May 02, 2011

Menu Week 2

I fell off the wagon yesterday (ice cream). And I hadn't posted my menu's because I wasn't sure if anyone really cared, and then I got a call from my Grandma that she was reading them and where did they go? 

So today I took Ryenne to Sunflower (like a cheaper Whole Foods) and we stocked up on some stuff. I bought these rice noodles called Tinkyada Rice Pasta that is gluten free. I made them for dinner... but first the menu for the day:

Breakfast:
Yellow Squash and two organic eggs scrambled in coconut oil
1 piece Ezekiel bread with butter
Coffee with Coffeemate (bought organic half and half at the store to replace it)

Snack:
Raw Trail Mix

Lunch:
Egg Salad Sandwich on Ezekiel Bread (no mayo) with mixed greens

Afternoon Snack:
Banana
Organic Almond Butter

Dinner:
Rice Pasta tossed with homemade spinach/basil/Pecans/Parmesan/Olive Oil
Shrimp
Coconut Water

Exercise: 45 minutes Cardio

So back to the pasta. I LOVE pasta. I can't get enough. But it does make me feel sluggish and tired after eating it. I researched online that it's because of the gluten that makes it hard for the body to digest and that's what gives us a sluggish feeling. So I bought Tinkyada Spaghetti cut Rice Pasta today. I cooked it according to the package and it is VERY starchy. You have to rinse the cooked noodles really well to get off the extra starch. I tossed it into my homemade pesto and some shrimpies and OH MY GOSH. It was awesome. It has the same al dente texture as regular pasta, though it's whiter, and was amazing. Here I am after a full bowl of pasta and I feel fabulous.... I'll be switching to this pasta for the whole family - especially since they're such big spaghetti eaters! 

1 comment:

Lacey | Michael | Leilani said...

Aw, I was reading your meal posts. I just figured you were away because, let's face it, you have three kids and a business to take care of! I ALWAYS read your posts... religiously!

xoxo!