Sunday, May 08, 2011

Miss Pessimist Comes for a Visit

She's here. Miss Pessimist. The little pessimistic part of me that comes out every now and then.

Woke up this morning to Mother's Day with my period. Great. This is MY day and here Aunt Flo shows up with all her bloat and sugar cravings. Yeah... thanks a lot!

Went to my parents for breakfast and had lovely whole wheat pancakes and fun time outside with the kids. The boys got so worn out and Ry got to stay with Gams and Pops.

I came home and put the kids to bed. Then what did I do? I decided to do laundry, edit client images, and clean the downstairs room and get it ready to be the play room (it was just finished and I'll take pictures of it soon). Then I decided to do a little laundry. If anyone watched the last episode of "The Middle" and saw what that mom did on Mother's Day - well that's how I felt today.

I didn't want to cook so Peter got Panda Express. I went all out with the tasty goodness and then felt guilty for doing it. It didn't help that I was already totally bloated and sweaty and gross.

Speaking of bloated... we just finished month 2 of p90x. I have been working SO HARD with this program. I have lost ZERO pounds and ZERO inches. It is incredibly frustrating. I feel strong and am seeing muscle tone in my arms, but the fat isn't going anywhere. I have been trying to be positive about this but it's hard to keep being positive when I'm working so hard and not seeing any results.

Tomorrow Peter is off and my mom is coming to babysit so Peter and I can go out on a much needed date. Tuesday I'm starting a new diet called The Dukan Diet. I'm nervous about starting a "diet" but perhaps it's the jumpstart my body needs.

ps) I will continue with the p90x exercise

No comments: