Wednesday, September 07, 2005

And I thought Lupron made me crazy...

My first day of Gonal-F was on Monday. It was tough because of all days Peter had a DAY SHIFT on Monday! So that meant I had to give MYSELF my first Gonal-F shot. I was so nervous! I've never given myself a shot before!!

So I did it... I accidentally wasted a little, but I did it. It goes right into my belly twice a day. I swear to God that about 10 seconds after the injection I felt it going to work. I felt like I had been hit by a train! My insides are going crazy! AND on top of that I'm getting hot flashes.

I get the Gonal-F at 12 noon and midnight, and the Lupron at midnight only. That's three shots a day. I'm so glad that Peter does them for me because it's really tough to shoot yourself (that sounds funny).

I'm going back to Oahu on Friday for an ultrasound. From then, I'm guessing that the retrieval will be around the 16th or so with the transfer happening five days after that. I'll know more 'for sure' dates once I go over on Friday to see how everything is going.

I've still been really good as far as eating goes. I've been avoiding sugar (except for a massive chocolate chip cookie craving which I've only satisfied a couple times) and completely avoiding caffeine. I've also been wanting a lot of meat. Is that weird?

I've also been having a hard time sleeping. Mostly because of my hot flashes, but also because our bed, which is only about a year and a half old, is sagging in the middle so Peter and I both tend to roll toward the middle and then it's hard to move. I'm trying to convince him that we need a Tempurpedic bed because I've layed on them and they're SO COMFY. We currently have a double bed and I think we'll need to move up to a Queen. And I think baby is going to sleep with us, so a Queen would be good.

Welps, that's all for now... it's 11:50am and I need to have another shot... =P

No comments: