Saturday, September 17, 2005

The Three Amigo's

The doctor's office called this morning and said that three of our ten eggs fertilized - so we have Three little embryo's waiting for us.

I'll be honest and say I was expecting a bit more as I had hoped to freeze some - but like Peter said - all we need is one to take! So I'm maintaining a positive attitude. =) I hope Dr. Vu will let us transfer all three.

The transfer was supposed to be on Wednesday 9/21, but because of my low numbers we're going to do it on Monday 9/19 instead. So today I spent time changing my flights around - a $150 penalty - argh. But at this point, the money I'm spending to achieve this precious goal doesn't matter one little bit.

So my dad is coming with me on Monday and will stay with me Monday and Tuesday nights. Then Peter is coming out on Wednesday (since that's the time he had already arranged to have off from work). So it'll be good. We're staying out at the Ihilani in Kapolei again. Honolulu is PACKED because of Aloha Week and we couldn't find a decent hotel out there. But that's fine because the Ihilani is beautiful and quiet.

So.... our three little amigos are in a petrie dish at the moment. Isn't that crazy? Peter and I looked at each other last night like "Can you believe our baby could be right there in that dish?" What a trip!

I am still VERY sore today from yesterday's transfer. I am only allowed to take Tylenol, and when it wears off, the pain really sucks. My abdomen is also really bloated. I could barely fasten the seatbelt on the airplane. I can only wear stretchy pants.... se la vie.

I may be MIA for a while as I don't have a laptop to take to Honolulu withe me but I'll have Peter post updates while he's still on Maui.

Ta ta for now....

No comments: