Friday, September 23, 2005

Three Amigos become the Dynamic Duo

I've been on bedrest since Monday and flew back home today. I'm so glad to be back home with the doggies!

On Monday morning I flew out to Honolulu with my dad and we drove out to Castle. My poor dad was such a trooper. He came in the exam room with me and stayed right next to me through the entire transfer. We learned that one of the three embryos hadn't made it through the weekend and so Dr. Vu only had two embryos to transfer. One had divided into an 8 cell and one a 6 cell. Dr. Vu gave it a 35% chance of working.

So after that we drove out to Koolina and dad and I had a great time just hanging out and talking story. We ordered tons of room service and watched a lot of tv! It was really great because I hadn't spent so much time with my dad in a really long time. Dad left on Wednesday morning and Peter flew in for the last two days of bedrest.

It's been an interesting few days because I've been toying with so many emotions. I want to be really positive that both embryos (well at least one) are still doing ok, but on the other hand, I don't want to build myself up so much only to totally fall apart if this doesn't work. So I go through different phases throughout the day.

At this point, there's really no way of knowing either way. I have a blood test on September 28 and 30 and should know shortly thereafter if it took or not.

The important thing is that Peter has made it perfectly clear that regardless of the results, he loves me very much and nothing can change that. So that is always refreshing to hear. =)

It's a muggy, muggy day over here right now.... the AC is running in the bedroom and waiting for me. =)

Lub lub,

Mariah

No comments: