Saturday, September 10, 2005

We Have Follicles!!!

LOTS to report...

I went back to Honolulu yesterday. Kaiser offered to pay for one R/T flight, so I flew for free yesterday! Those fares can really add up so I was greatful for that.

It started as a pretty hectic morning. I flew Hawaiian so after I parked the car at the airport I figured I use their Hele On checkin computers to print by boarding pass and head straight up to the gate. I was so irritated because the Hele On 'puter said I was too late to use it (up to 30 minutes before the flight and I was 29 mins before the flight!). So I had to wait in the long ass line and then I was really late. I made the plane though thank goodness.

I rented from Enterprise Rent-A-Car this time. Previously I had rented from Alamo, Hertz, and Dollar. Enterprise is AWESOME. I'll always rent from them. OK this is totally off subject, but I'll tell you the difference. The first time we rented from Alamo. Nothing special - pretty standard. Then we rented from Hertz. When we picked up the car, the lady at the counter was eating potato chips and licking her fingers while handling our drivers license and credit card. She barely said a word... just kept eating. The Dollar lady got mad at me after I said I didn't want insurance and gave me the silent treatment. She practically through the keys at me and didn't even tell me where the damn car was parked. At Enterprise, the shuttle driver was really cool and when I walked in, the manager welcomed me by name and walked me to the counter. They gave me the car I wanted and even came out with me to inspect the car for any damages. I returned the car two hours later after my doc appointment and the woman greeted me by name when I came back and said that since I only had the car for two hours she couldn't charge me for a full day. So she charged me $12. How cool is that! Anyway, I HIGHLY recommend them...

Alright... now on to the doctor appointment! I must have been subconciously nervous the night before because I had terrible sleep. But I had no need to worry because the ultrasound revealed about 10 follicles on each ovary. Doctor said it's progressing exactly how he wanted and we'll end up with 20 - 40 eggs on retrieval day. The follicles are all pretty good size too. I wish I had a picture to share...

I'm downsizing from three shots to two shots daily. Now I get 225 units of the Gonal-F at 12noon. Here's the picture:

And 5 units of Lupron at midnight. Today was my first day at 225 units and BOY CAN I FEEL IT! It's such a weird sensation. It's like I can feel the ovaries or follicles moving around - am I crazy?

I'm heading back again on Monday. I'm going to buy a point and shoot digital camera so I can take pictures of my ultrasound and the clinic and stuff. I really want to have a small camera that I can take everywhere.

Until then...

No comments: