Wednesday, September 14, 2005

The Running Theme is....

It seems to be the running theme is me feeling crappy.

I couldn't get a flight out of Kapalua today so I went out of Kahului and had to get up way too early *argh*. I picked up my rental car (Yay Enterprise!) and took a different route to the doctors office for a change of scenery.

I took the H3 freeway and it was so beautiful. It was like driving through Iao valley. It rained a little bit, but it was a beautiful drive. When I got to Castle Hospital, there was no damn parking. I circled that lot for a good 20 minutes before I called Peter on his cell phone practically in tears and frustrated. Then I finally got a space. By the time I made it to the office, I was already feeling pretty yucky.

The ultrasound went great - the ovaries and follicles are doing great and we're all set for our egg retrieval on Friday morning. I had one more 300iu shot of Gonal-F today and that will be my last one. Since it was the last one though, it sure made sure to kick my ass. haha

So tonight I have an HCG shot and then start the Progesterone shots tomorrow. Now these shots are very different because the needles are 1.5 inches long and go right into the buttocks. So the nurse so kindly drew some bullseyes on my butt for Peter! *LMAO* Pretty funny. I'll be on the Progesterone for a while because that's going to make my uterus a very nice, soft, welcoming place for the eggies.

My flight coming home was delayed by an hour, and by that time I had taken the Gonal-F and just wanted to die right there in the airport I was feeling so bad. The terminal was packed so there weren't any chairs to lay down on. But I finally did make it back to Maui and proceeded to take a nap at Nana's house. I don't know what would have happened if I couldn't have taken that nap. It saved my day!

Peter and I will be back Friday afternoon from the egg retrieval. I'm not sure how I'll be feeling so I may wait until Saturday to post (I hope at least someone reads this).

Before I go to bed tonight, I just want to tell my friends Aris and Heidi CONGRATULATIONS on the birth of their little girl, Taylor Nicole, today. I can't wait to meet her....

XOXO

No comments: