Monday, January 24, 2011

Again...

It happened again. I got another migraine.

This time, it was on the opposite side of my head and didn't affect my speech center. It was on the left side this time. I was out on a walk and getting close to home when my vision went crazy in my right eye. I got home, sat down, and that's about the last thing I remember.

Peter gave me meds, put me to bed, and my mom came over for the night.

In evaluating this one compared to the last one - last one's was by far worse - but this one was nothing to sneeze at. I looked at everything that was similar to each time - what could be triggering them? I have three possible culprits that could be either working together to form "the perfect storm", or one of them is just gnarly enough to start it all on it's own. Here are the similarities between the two:

1) MSG. Both times I had consumed something with MSG within 24 hours of migraine onset.
2) NITRATES. Both times I had consumed bacon within  24 hours of migraine onset.
3) SAUNA. This one throws me a little. Because I had been using the sauna for months and only these last two times I have gotten a migraine within 24 hours.

My thoughts are that perhaps the sauna made it worse by trying to draw out these toxins from my system. Regardless, I am monitoring my diet very carefully and will take a break from the sauna.

1 comment:

Marti said...

http://info-med.co.uk/headaches/tyramine--nitrates--msg-and-headaches.php

I was googling a dehydration connection between the three... I found this. Hope it helps! :)