Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Growing

All these kids sure are doing a whole lot of growing. It blows my mind. Cruz loves to be on Peter no matter what. Sitting next to him, sitting on his shoulders, his lap, being held. He is definitely a daddy's boy.

I need to make a separate post about our green carseat. That green carseat belonged to all three kiddos. And Cruz has outgrown it and got his Sunshine Kids carseat just like the other two. Such a big boy already. See Kai Boy? He snuck into Ry's middle seat. I think he really wants to be facing forward like sister. See how his chair is facing hers? There's been a whole lot of hitting going on. Time to put him forward facing I think.
This just cracked me up. Peter sat down with a bag of potato chips and ZOOOOM.... all the kids gravitated toward the couch.

These next ones are with the big camera :) 
Cruz loves to climb into the foyer and play cars on the little windows by the door. It's kinda like "his" spot away from his brother and sister where he can take his cars and gaze outside.
Admittedly I took all the babyfood off his face digitally for this b/w one :)



While we were in the front, Emmy wondered over to see what Cruz was up to. Since the light was so nice I got a good picture of her. She's very hard to photograph because she's so wiggly and she's so black. She blends into just about everything!
They sat at the door for a good 10 minutes just watching. It was very adorable.

Ryenne asked for a picture so I took her into the playroom and bounced the flash off the wall behind me. She has been such a good girl (for the most part) lately. So proud of her.
Now that things have been getting easier with Ryenne, Kai has stepped up into his crazy two year old role. He's been hitting a lot. And saying, "I DON'T WANT TO!" and hitting his trucks together and yelling "NOT NICE!". Car rides have been the pits lately as he has started hitting his sister while I'm driving. Grrr....

I was trying to get pictures of Kai, since I haven't gotten any lately and Ryenne  was looking all sad. I got this picture of her on the couch. I wonder what was going through her mind... looks like some deep thoughts.


The kiddos are definitely growing and keeping me and Peter on our toes. I am trying to be creative in keeping them occupied - today we played "Parade" in the living room and marched around and then did Ring Around the Rosey. Then tickling. And then I want to give them time to be creative and play on their own as well. Trying to find a balance is always a challenge.

Yesterday I got to go down to San Antonio for a couple hours to the Imaging USA Expo that was going on. Thousands of photographers from all over were attending. I went to the trade show to see albums and labs and all kinds of goodies. I won a $199 gift card for business cards and press products, found a new lab, some new albums, and photo jewelry. It was a really wonderful trip down there.

Peter had his first day back at school last night so I bathed the kids and put them to bed myself. When he got home, he brought beer and cheeseburgers and we had a little "date" with our food and a quiet house. It was really nice. 

Today we took the kids to North Austin and checked out a used Subaru Tribeca at the Subaru dealership. Our Scion is awesome but it is small and the kids have been fighting a ton. So we just went to look and I got to drive it and it was beautiful and big, but not too big. But it doesn't come in a manual transmission. This is HUGE for me. To give up my manual tranny. I LOVE to drive. Basically we were all there to drool over the WRX's and turbo Legacy's :) Kai  had so much fun looking at the "race cars" that he didn't want to leave. 

We decided that we'll turn Kai's carseat around and see if that might help the situation with the hitting and fighting that has been going on. It's not easy to pull over when they're fighting - especially if I'm on the freeway or a road with no shoulder. I wish there was a perfect answer for a car that would be big enough for us, but fun and sporty at the same time.

2 comments:

Susan said...

Your photos never ever let me down. I love seeing your life thru your lens. Big or small camera, edited or unedited.

Kristi said...

i love that photo of how you fit the three car seats in...i always wondered how people did it. cruz looks like a whole new child...when did this happen.