Saturday, January 01, 2011

1/1/11

The first day of the year. All day today I kept thinking that I'll remember this day because it's 1/1/11. And when it's 2/2/22 I'll be in my 40's.

It was a mellow day. Cruz had a really hard time sleeping last night because of the fireworks going on in our neighborhood so that means that I didn't sleep well either.

We headed over to Gams and Pops house for an amazing breakfast and to spend time with Grandmama. She heads back to San Jose tomorrow and the visit went by really fast. I'm so glad that she could come visit over Christmas and New Years. It was very special.

When Peter woke up I went on a 3.4 mile run/walk. It was awesome. We had leftover kalua pig, cabbage, rice, and black eyed peas for dinner.

Kai had a good day today. He referred to himself as "I" today. I asked, "Who did this?" (I don't remember what I was referring to) and he said, "I did, Mama" - flabbergasted! He is doing so amazingly well lately. After bath when it was time to put on his diaper he said he wanted to go potty and I helped  him onto the potty chair and he went shi-shi in the potty. I hollered and clapped and told him what a big boy he was. He was all smiles.

Good start to 2011.

No comments: