Saturday, December 11, 2010

Cinderella


This is our first nativity set. It was gifted to us and Ryenne loves it.

Apparently Cinderella wanted to join in on the party.

On a separate note, I have not wanted a real Christmas tree for quite some time because it just made me sad that a beautiful tree was being cut down only to die in someones living room after being such a beautiful part of our earth. I was visiting my dear friend Kristi's blog and she had posted their visit to a Christmas tree farm. And she posted what was printed on the tree ticket and it made me smile and made my heart leap.

this is a real christmas tree, intentionally grown for your enjoyment, during its growing years this tree cleansed the air, provided you with oxygen, protected your water supply, made a home for wildlife, and beautified some previously barren land. for each christmas tree harvested, two or three are replanted.

2 comments:

Lacey | Michael | Leilani said...

That's a great way to look at real Christmas trees. I don't like the idea of going into a forest and chopping down a random tree. But tree farms are different. They normally replant more trees than get cut each year. They're much better than having some plastic and metal thing made in China in the house too. But who am I kidding, I have an artificial tree. Sigh.

Kristi said...

i loved the words on that ticket too, on that post you can see quinn standing next to the tree harvest for next year. xo.