Thursday, December 30, 2010

Visiting and Stuff

 The day after Christmas we got very special visitors... Nikki, Kaeli, and Makena came for a visit. The kids were SO EXCITED to see the girls. They instantly played, made trouble to each other, played some more. It was wonderful to sit with Nikki and just talk about "stuff" and catch up and find out about their new life in the "Big D". I'm happy that they are enjoying it up there, though still sad at the same time to not see my friend as often as I had before. 

Nikki is one of my very dear friends and I miss her a lot. Sometimes it's just nice to chat with another Hawaii girl about "home", about our missing good ono grinds, about bringing the kids up half haole, half hawaii style. Nikki I love ya! I'm so glad you could come and visit with us! 

Peter caught this picture below of Kai Boy. It's so cute because he's all alone on the couch wearing a "Big Guy" jacket when he's so tiny. He is just the littlest guy.
Last night was a rarity for Kai. He asked to cuddle with me in my bed (at 2am). Kai usually prefers solitude at night and seeing him sleep never happens for me. He crawled into my bed, gave me a kiss, said, "I wuv you mama" and curled up close. I tell you.... I was so near tears and it was such a "moment" with my big boy that I never want to forget it -- ever.

 Our therapy sauna arrived the other day. Peter and I put it together and my mom helped too. We did a session and my dad did a session, but it's doing a weird beep thing so I'm going to check the connections again. Ryenne was a super helper with unpacking all the recyclable materials in the boxes.
 Cruz's favorite food lately has been chocolate chip cookies. Can't blame him. Actually when he had a tummy bug, the only thing he wanted was booboo milk and then a cookie. So that's what he had for 2 days straight.

1 comment:

Susan said...

I spy a Christmas Card I recognize on the bulletin board...:) Loved all of the pics of your life and world