Sunday, December 12, 2010

Sunday the 12th

I was trying to figure out a name for this post and I just couldn't think of anything. It was a pretty cold day today. We headed over to Gams and Pops and they decided we were going to a Mexican restaurant for breakfast. Nice break for my mom - she has been cranking out some really awesome breakfasts the past few months. 

We got to their  favorite taqueria, but they hadn't eaten there in a few months. It wasn't too busy. But the wait for the food was really long and by the time the food came it was pretty inedible. I was a little grossed out (sorry mom and dad!). Kai started holding his ear and tugging on it so my mom told me he might have an ear infection. We took him to the CVS walk in clinic to get checked out. Fortunately no ear infection (YES!) but we did get him a humidifier and some medicine. Ry and Kai have had a yucky cold so I think they'll sleep better tonight. The coolest thing about the doc visit was that Kai Boy let the doctor touch his mouth with the tongue depressor. This would NOT have been ok with him a few weeks ago. 

The kids were antsy for a project after Gams and Pops left our house. I had a bunch of apples that I knew we couldn't eat before they went bad so we decided to make apple sauce! 
(descriptions are corresponding with image #’s)
1) make sure you sniff the cinnamon (Ry got cinnamon on the tip of her nose. It was so cute!)
2) Kai decided he wanted to lick the apples before I peeled them. You can skip this step if you'd like.
3) Have each child choose their apples
4) Peel the apple (mom or dad need to do this part)
5) chop apples coarsely (another job for mom and dad)
6) Have the Littles put their apples into the crock pot
7) #7 is strangely missing (maybe you could put on music for this step!)
8) Don’t forget to eat some apples
9) And double check to make sure they’re tasty
10) Don’t put your peels down the disposal (I have learned this the hard way in the past!)
11) Have each Little sprinkle cinnamon
12) Add some maple or agave syrup (not too much… just a little bit)
13) turn your crock pot on low and enjoy the beautiful smell in your home! Cook down to your preferred consistency and serve by itself, with yogurt, on toast, on pancakes, ect.

Then it was time for a cartoon on Netflix. They were all so well behaved at the restaurant and they asked for TV time. They totally deserved it. So while they were couch potatoes I thought I would get some sparkley bokeh Christmas tree pictures. These do not utilize flash. For my tutorial, head on over to mariahmilan.com

 I think Ry may have gotten the pose from her school pictures :) She is so cute. And she has been on EXTRA good behavior lately!
 The other day Cruzito started crawling with his tummy off the ground. Growing WAY too fast for me!

 My beautiful Kai Boy. I can really only describe all his progress as miraculous. He is proof that miracles do happen and there is always hope. Even more significant this time of year. I can't even begin to count all my blessings that we have gotten in his therapy and all the people that have helped us along the way.
 His first "posed" smile.
 Cruzer in the play room
 When the day was at it's sunniest, it was about 60 degrees. I took Emmy outside to potty and Cruz decided he wanted to come too.

 Not only is he crawling now, but he's pulling up on EVERYTHING!!!

 Emmy Tomimbang
 What a great day.

2 comments:

Kristi said...

loving those rainbow legs. xo.

Susan said...

thanks for the tut...I need to work on doing that tomorrow with the boys. I love your pics...always always