Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Thank You

Thank you for all the emails, comments, and phone calls about my post yesterday. I truly, truly appreciate it. I am constantly second guessing myself with Ryenne because she is so entirely different than me.

A wise person told me last night that if the world were full of people like me, we'd have no wars. But it's people like Ryenne that make the world crazy. This is my opportunity to change her into a good person because if I don't do right, she will grow up to be a criminal. I can completely see that. Her behavior is out of control.

My biggest mistake yesterday was putting something that was also important to ME on the chopping block. I think that Ryenne actually was happy that I was also sad the tree came down. I learned a lot from yesterday.


On another note...

I did an almost three mile walk/run yesterday. When I was putting on my shoes Kai said, "Going exercise mommy!" and I was so thrilled to hear him say not only a sentence but also to use such a big word. He said Exercise so well. I am amazed at the rate his mind is blossoming. Our sauna ships this week and I can't wait to have it in our home.

Today it's expected to hit 80 degrees. Doesn't 80 degrees in mid-December just sound "wrong"? I'd expect it on Maui but dang.... it would be kinda cool to be somewhere with a "white Christmas". We're hitting up the park this afternoon to burn off some energy.

1 comment:

Joy said...

Hi Mariah, I don't know if you remember me but I believe awhile ago when you and your family were thinking about moving to NC, you contacted me through my blog. My blog is defunct in that I have not updated for a long time. But I have followed yours and your family's move to Texas. I can totally relate to your last post. My son, Chris, is also 4, and he can be very naughty. My problem is that he will not listen to me, he talks back and he does things he is told not to do. For example, he plays rough with his 1 year old brother after we have told him not to. He does not intentionally hurt his younger brother but it makes me so mad that he doesn't listen. I know this may sound a bit tame compared to squeezing an animal but still, the behavior. I had also threatened about taking presents away, etc. While I feel I am strict, I have yet to do it because I don't want to be the bad guy. My husband backs me up but because I'm the one home all the time, it would be me who would be doing the punishing. I think with my son, some of it is jealousy of his younger brother. He had 3 years of 1 on 1 attention, and now he has to watch us be more attentive to Jack at this stage. I'm hoping things get better as Chris turns 5 next year. I have read this is not uncommon for kids to go through this. I have no good advice for you except empathy. Hope you can enjoy some of your holiday!