Sunday, December 19, 2010

My promises for the new year...

I can't believe that 2010 is almost over. I've just been thinking about it today... I've finally gotten used to writing 2010 and here I'll need to learn to write 2011 very soon.

I started this blog over 5 years ago now. I'm making myself a promise. I'm promising myself that on every post, I will also create a layout of my thoughts and pictures so I can make myself a tangible book at the end of the year. I realize that it's a tall order to take on 5 years of writing to create 5 books, and I won't even kid myself that I have the time to do that. But what I CAN do is one day at a time.

With that same thought, "One day at a time" - my friend Katie is talking me into doing a 5K with her. I won't lie... I'm scared. But what an achievement that would be! Today I did a 2 mile speed walk and 9 months ago I don't know if I would have made it. So another promise to myself... to accomplish a 5K with Katie. I can do it!

No comments: