Monday, December 27, 2010

Our Magical Christmas

Our Christmas morning began with Ryenne waking me up and asking why Santa Clause hadn't visited our house. I looked down the staircase with her and she commented that our stockings were gone and our tree hadn't been put up. She started to tear up. 

She had been so naughty lately that we all felt it was an important lesson not to bring the tree out again. 

She was starting to get upset and I took her downstairs and she discovered the two gifts on the table along with the sparkly note and that Santa had delivered the gifts to Gams and Pops house. She perked up and said she was glad that Santa hadn't forgotten her house. 

Kai woke up and Cruz woke up and both had blown out their diapers. While Ryenne waited patiently to open the gifts, I was elbow deep in two boys' poop. It wasn't how I had envisioned Christmas morning to begin! But I powered through. Ryenne and Kai each opened their gifts and each got a top from Santa. We put the kids in the car and took both our cars to Gams and Pops house so Peter could come home after presents and go to sleep.

When we pulled into the drive, we saw the cow that Pops had made for the ranch - it's a happy cow. I love it! It's a gift for their landlords - I hope they like it as much as I do. I know I'll smile every time I visit.
The tree was sparkling inviting us inside.
Ry and Kai rushed to the gifts. They were sooooo excited!
The stockings were hung by the chimney with care. Ryenne was gazing at them just waiting for us to start.
Cruz looked adorable in his Santa outfit (thank you Marti!)

Cruzito's very first Christmas.... opening his stocking for the first time. He was a bit cranky cause he had a tummy bug and wasn't feeling great.
The very best gift of all.... Grandmama coming for Christmas. Ryenne is named after her because she's one amazing lady.
Super crazy tired with no makeup on but having a ball!
Kai Boy got cars in his stocking. He was all over it.
Cruz's gifts from his Papa and Grandma in Hawaii. I helped him open it.
Peter got Superman boxers from the kids :)
Gams and Pops got the kids a car mat. It's a HUGE hit. Kai adores it. He thinks it's hilarious to make the cars crash.
I got Peter a carbon fiber wallet. He got me Dolce & Gabbana perfume. I love it.
This was one of my favorite gifts of the day. It's a story for Ryenne read by her Grandma Marissa (one of those recordable books). It was so awesome to hear her voice reading to Ryenne. Ryenne was so happy that it was HERS. I teared up. I so wish that we could see them more often.
Puppets from Uncle Nico!!!
Kai Boy was a little clueless about this one, but Ryenne knew just what to do with it. It was another of her favorite toys she got.
I made this little piece of art for my mom. Each color represents someone who loves her.
Pops is getting some aloha shirts!!
Kai Boy was thrilled about all the Thomas clothes from Grandma and Papa!!!
Grandmama and Meesie
Cruz getting some love from Gams
This pen has been in her hands non-stop!

Puppet show and drawing

Loves his Pops!!

We feasted throughout the day, played with toys, laughed, napped. It was totally laid back and awesome.

1 comment:

Kristi said...

merry christmas. xo.